By Frederick Owusu Boadu
Agricultural legislation in Sub-Saharan Africa: situations and Comments introduces the topic of agricultural legislation and economics to researchers, practitioners, and scholars in universal legislation nations in Sub-Saharan Africa, and provides details from the felony procedure in Botswana, Gambia, Ghana, Lesotho, Malawi, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. The legislations and economics method includes using quantitative equipment in study. this is often in line with the expectancies in an utilized economics box corresponding to agricultural economics.
Covering the final conventional legislation themes in contracts, torts, and estate, the e-book is going additional to introduce state-of-the-art and region-relevant themes, together with contracts with illiterate events, agreement farming, weather switch, and transboundary water concerns. The booklet is supported by means of an intensive record of reference fabrics, in addition to research and enrichment routines, to deepen readers’ knowing of the rules mentioned within the e-book. it's a studying software, at first, and will be used as a stand-alone source to educate the subject material of agricultural legislation and economics to execs new to the topic zone in addition to to scholars in legislation college, agricultural economics, economics, and inter-disciplinary classes.
- Offers examine findings on such issues as nutrients security, weather swap, transboundary normal assets, overseas sale of products, patents, and emblems to focus on the longer term assets of strain at the agriculture industry
- Uses case-studies to supply real-world insights into the demanding situations and issues of acceptable agricultural legislations development
- Challenges readers to hold out their very own learn of their components of analysis, and to realize a few realizing of the connection among legislation, economics, and statistics
- Includes broad assets, akin to bankruptcy summaries, research questions, and problem questions on the finish of every bankruptcy to aid teachers and scholars in gaining complete advantages from utilizing the book
- Provides separate teacher and pupil examine courses, a try out financial institution, and attempt financial institution solutions, in hardcopy and digital formats
Read Online or Download Agricultural Law and Economics in Sub-Saharan Africa: Cases and Comments PDF
Similar environmental & natural resources law books
The Nagoya-Kuala Lumpur Supplementary Protocol on legal responsibility and Redress to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety, followed on 15 October 2010 in Nagoya, Japan, offers a global legal responsibility regime for biodiversity harm attributable to dwelling converted organisms (LMOs). Its adoption marks an important improvement within the criminal layout for overseas environmental legal responsibility regimes, because it comprises for the 1st time in worldwide treaties an administrative method of legal responsibility.
The position of water in our groups, from neighborhood to neighborhood and correct as much as international degrees, poses a chain of key questions about weather swap, in regards to the anthropogenic effect at the atmosphere, and approximately all of the interconnected activities and occasions that impact the provision and caliber of the source.
Does extinction need to be forever? because the worldwide extinction hindrance hurries up, conservationists and policy-makers more and more use complex biotechnologies corresponding to reproductive cloning, polymerase chain response (PCR) and bioinformatics within the pressing attempt to avoid wasting species. Mendel's Ark considers the moral, cultural and social implications of utilizing those instruments for flora and fauna conservation.
Clash over the extraction of coal and fuel assets has speedily escalated in groups during the global. utilizing an environmental justice lens, this multidisciplinary e-book explores situations of land use clash throughout the lived reports of groups grappling with such disputes. Drawing on theories of justice and equity in environmental selection making, it demonstrates how such land use conflicts referring to source use can turn into entrenched social difficulties, immune to coverage and criminal intervention.
Additional resources for Agricultural Law and Economics in Sub-Saharan Africa: Cases and Comments
Agricultural Law and Economics in Sub-Saharan Africa: Cases and Comments by Frederick Owusu Boadu